The Biomass Association of Georgia is a non-government organization and was legally established in March 2017, with the support of the UNDP project on “Promotion of Biomass Production and Utilization in Georgia”.
Mission of the Association:
Create a common and effective platform for cooperation, information and knowledge exchange on biomass in Georgia, in order to create greater opportunities to influence government and public policy on biomass deployment and ensure the most favorable business environment and accelerated development of biomass market.
Vision of the Association:
The Biomass Association of Georgia will be recognized as the leading organization on biomass in Georgia, aligned with the diverse needs and makeup of its ever-expanding membership base.
The objects of the Association are to coordinate, represent, inform, lobby and promote the interest of its members and, in particular:
- to build membership and secure funding that will develop the Association as the pre-eminent organization representing all businesses active in the Biomass industry in Georgia;
- to promote the use of biomass;
- to build and promote the integrity and credibility of the biomass industry to end users, industry suppliers, and government through best practice and adherence to agreed standards;
- to provide networking and information distribution to both members and end users;
- to provide access to industry suppliers to the membership;
- to encourage and provide representation and lobbying for the industry by the direction of the members; and
- to monitor quality assurance and accreditation for members.